Corporate Cloud Computing
Cloud Computing is a model that provides convenient online access to a certain fund of configurative computable resources. These resources can and should be delivered on-demand with minimum exploitation expenses. In other words, cloud computing is a communication and data exchange between user through the internet.
These days cloud computing is an inevitable part of any field of activity of a human. The market of cloud computing is developing with high pace since 2014. It overcomes all of the areas fulfilling any sorts of online needs possible. Today there is a strict difference between cloud computing for business and private purposes. Certain model types and infrastructure services deal with data management in different ways. This is for a selection problem to appear.
Because of cloud computing’s main objective is to provide access to digital data there is another issue occurs. The more popular CCC is the more important it is to provide a decent security service for it. The major strategy of activities of all service providers possible lies in making these cloud services to be the best option for huge corporations. Because of that, the market is populated with products oriented in solving business needs the utmost of which is the security of corporate data sharing.
Access CC models
When choosing a perfect type of a cloud product and its provider one should take into consideration existing access and customer service models.
Private cloud is a cloud where services and infrastructure are developing into private networks. Private clouds are managed by its user. These are cloud services that are managed from the inside of an organisation. A private cloud may be under control of the organisation owner or a third party. Also, computing cloud can exist as inside as outside of the owner’s jurisdiction. Closed clouds offer the same advantages as public clouds do, however, their main difference is that the responsibility for setting a private cloud lies on the company that owns a service.
Public cloud is an infrastructure which is designed for free access bt wide audience. Public cloud is usually owned and managed by commercial, science, and government organisation (or their symbiosis). Publicly accessible clouds stay under the proprietorship of different cloud service providers who deliver their product through the internet. The public cloud exists in its owner’s jurisdiction. All the data that is held in the public cloud service providers property. You can use these services and manage your account in the service through the web-browser.
Hybrid cloud is a combination of public and private clouds. The symbiosis provides services of both which may or may not be an advantage. Responsibility for managing such a service lies in product provider and organisation. One can move data between private and public areas of cloud.
Management CC models
Infrastructure as a Service
In IaaS provider delivers to the client infrastructure only. This shell combines a set of clusters and virtual servers, networks, saving tools, and programs that play the role of a complete data processing centre. (Bright example of such a system would be Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2) and Simple Storage Service developed by Amazon. Similar services are provided by IBM and other traditional IT companies like Verizon Business.)
Platform as a Service
When using PaaS user receives infrastructure and software. PaaS unifies a group of virtual servers where users perform existing applications or launch new ones without any care on if the operating system will be able to support new software if server’s facilities are powerful enough and other computing issues. (The best example, in this case, would be Microsoft’s Azure and Salesforce’s Force.com.)
Software as a Service
With SaaS users get already, functioning cloud product. The most popular computing cloud platform supports all the features of traditional complex applications, however, provides access through the Web-Browser not locally. SaaS model deals with all the issues that may come up when using online software. User doesn’t have to worry about server applications, data storage systems, software development, and many others. (The best instances would be Google Mail, Google Apps, systems of instant message transition AOL, Yahoo, and Google, tools VoIP Vonage and Skype.)
Weaknesses related to the public cloud usage for business purposes which demand high-security levels
- Security. No one can guarantee safety, especially taking into consideration cyber attacks or service maintenance issues on the provider’s side.
- Control. Restricted features of control and access settings. In case of an informational leak, it is almost impossible to identify the person who is the reason for it. Absence of activity statistics and other reports.
- Adaptability. HIgh risks of loss of data which is kept in nonstandard format. Also, there is a possibility of a loss of control over the information due to the imperfection of the used tools.
- Accessibility. Limited setting features for user’s access segmentation to different data pieces
- Authentication levels. Low quality of user’s identification. VDR has more adaptation possibilities to certain needs.
- Exploitation complexity. Limited user interface optimization and setting. Absence of an ability to change and adjust the system.
- Expenses. Overall expenses scheme is less flexible than one in VDR. This software doesn’t even take into account business specifics and customer needs.
- Technical support. No 24/7/365 personal assistant and less operative team.
- Confidentiality. Most of the contracts with service providers in the cloud contain points which guarantee security and confidentiality of customers data. However, due to underdevelopment of the software user is not able to monitor who and when to view his secret files.
- Reliability. Low rate of responsibility for system issues.
- Update. Software updates with no prior notification and the ability to postpone the procedure.
- Interoperability. In most of the time users, applications are not compatible with the operating system of the service.
VDR as a Business Solution of Cloud Computing
By 2019 the market became overpopulated by cloud computing service providers. More than 500 companies are offering almost the same product. And that number continues to grow. It does mean that there is a huge demand for such a service and there is strong competition. VDR’s major advantage is a guaranteed safekeeping of the confidential data and its security. It is called a secure enterprise file sharing. Unlike other cloud computing services, virtual data room is a software that is developed specifically for corporate management to satisfy companies needs. VDR – is a SaaS platform which consists of privates and publics cloud competitive advantages, however, being a more secure and flexible instrument for safe document exchange and turnover. Just consider the reasons why VDR software is the most appropriate solution for business needs:
- Increase your productivity with the help of safe cloud solutions for document exchange.
- Every time you need to elevate your productiveness and speed up the working process with corporate content, you can always rely on secured services of data turnover. These services can provide your employees with a place where they can confidently work with secret materials with no risks. The right software will let your workers communicate with each other, partners, suppliers, and customers without any fear of data loss.
- Cloud computer systems consumers can drastically decrease expenses on the infrastructure of informational technologies. Also, they can react fast on any changes in computing needs.
- Such services speed up innovation integration, increase resource elasticity, and provide expenses minimisation by high scalability. Usually, consumers pay only for cloud services which allow to decrease exploitation expenses and elevate management effectiveness and scalability depending on business needs.
- Consumer spends fewer funds due to various reasons. Cloud computing may decrease both operating and fixed expenses because resources are being spent only based on demand. Also, most of the consumers use the same infrastructure. The supplier can only get another consignment and let consumers pay for amortisation.
- Low cost of technical service or its absolute absence. Support limits with a working station or configuration screen. Physical servers do not count.
- The exploitation of cloud computing services allows to let valuable employees focus on their major business targets.
- Cloud computing services provide instant scalability up and down at any time needed with no long term postponements.
- User can add resources or applications which happens almost instantaneously.
- Apart from all the above, cloud computing services increase business flexibility and widens deployment possibilities and helps to optimise the existing infrastructure and security systems following demands.